If you are interested in serving the citizens of Union County with
pride, honor and integrity, you may click on the link below and print
the application. Once you fill out the application, you must sign in
front of a notary public, then return the completed application in its
entirety to the Union County Sheriff's Office, courthouse Rm 102 in Lake
Butler, Fl. 32054.
Prior to filling out he application, please read the below listed
requirements to be eligible; The application may be located at:
Law Enforcement Application
Support Staff Application
To become employed as a certified law enforcement, correctional or
correctional probation officer in Florida individuals must:
- be at least 19 years of age.
- be a citizen of the United States.
- have earned a high school graduate or equivalent (GED). (A bachelors
degree is required for correctional probation officers.)
- not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving
perjury or false statement.
Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty or nolo contendere to,
or is found guilty of a felony, or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or
a false statement, shall not be eligible for employment or appointment
as an officer, not-withstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of
- never have received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed
Forces of the United States.
- have good moral character.
- have passed a Commission approved
Basic Abilities Test. *
successfully completed the Florida Basic Recruit Training Program for
the respective discipline or
equivalency for out of state officers. *
- achieve a passing score on the State Officer Certification Examination. *
(Exception: auxiliary officers do not need to take the SOCE).
- have been fingerprinted by the employing agency with prints processed by
the FDLE and the FBI.
- successfully passed a background investigation, to include drug testing
and financial history.
- have passed a physical examination by a licensed physician.
- completed a
CJSTC-68 Affidavit of Applicant Form
- (If already a certified officer) complied with
mandatory retraining or
For specific Florida Statute references and additional information, also
943.13 - Officers' minimum qualifications for employment or appointment
943.135 - Establishment of qualifications and standards above the