Employment Opportunities with Union County Sheriff's OfficeIf you are interested in serving the citizens of Union County with pride, honor and integrity, you may click on the link below and print the application. Once you fill out the application, you must sign in front of a notary public, then return the completed application in its entirety to the Union County Sheriff's Office, courthouse Rm 102 in Lake Butler, Fl. 32054.
Prior to filling out he application, please read the below listed requirements to be eligible; The application may be located at:
To become employed as a certified law enforcement, correctional or correctional probation officer in Florida individuals must:
- be at least 19 years of age.
- be a citizen of the United States.
- have earned a high school graduate or equivalent (GED). (A bachelors degree is required for correctional probation officers.)
- not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement.
Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty or nolo contendere to, or is found guilty of a felony, or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, shall not be eligible for employment or appointment as an officer, not-withstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
- never have received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- have good moral character.
- have passed a Commission approved Basic Abilities Test. *
successfully completed the Florida Basic Recruit Training Program for the respective discipline or equivalency for out of state officers. *
- achieve a passing score on the State Officer Certification Examination. *
(Exception: auxiliary officers do not need to take the SOCE).
- have been fingerprinted by the employing agency with prints processed by the FDLE and the FBI.
- successfully passed a background investigation, to include drug testing and financial history.
- have passed a physical examination by a licensed physician.
- completed a CJSTC-68 Affidavit of Applicant Form
- (If already a certified officer) complied with mandatory retraining or educational requirements.