Meet Sheriff Brad WhiteheadBorn:
Gainesville, FL, 1976
Union County High School; A.A. Degree, Lake City Community College; B.S. Degree, Criminal Justice, Florida State University
Spouse and Children:
Jennifer ... 2 Children
First Baptist Church – Lake Butler
- Division of State Fire Marshall, Bureau of Fire and Arson Investigations – Law Enforcement Detective 1998-2003
- Florida Department of Corrections, Regional Director’s Office, Correctional Service Consultant 2003-2005
- Florida Department of Corrections, Office of the Inspector General, Senior Prison Inspector 2005-2009
- Department of Corrections, Assistant Warden 2009-2013
- Appointed Sheriff – Union County 2014
Honors and Affiliations:
- Florida Council on Crime and Delinquency; Chairman, Florida Relay for Life – 2012
- Northeast Regional Investigator of the Quarter – Bureau of Fire and Arson Investigations April 2000
- Northeast Regional Investigator of the Year – Bureau of Fire and Arson Investigations – 2000
The Union County Sheriff's Office received word from the Governor's Office on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 appointing Mr. Brad E. Whitehead as Sheriff of Union County. Brad is the second oldest son of Sheriff Jerry Whitehead who passed away from cardiac arrest following a brief hospitalization on Dec. 18, 2013.
Brad Whitehead becomes the third generation of the Whitehead family to hold the seat of Sheriff of Union County, FL. Brad worked as Assistant Warden for the Florida Department of Corrections and previously worked as a law enforcement detective for the State Fire Marshal's Bureau of Fire and Arson Investigations. Brad has a bachelor's degree from the Florida State University.
Governor Rick Scott stated in his press release, "I am confident that Brad Whitehead will be a great sheriff. His experience in law enforcement has prepared him to serve the families of Union County.